Thursday, August 27, 2009

Garden E102009

Photobucket

The garden is winding down as the summer draws to a close. The weather here is beginning to cool and the sun is shining less. Every couple of days I cut down another plant.

Photobucket

The broccoli is done. I had to pull out the rest of the plants. It seems that once the florets have been cut the rest of the plant begins to rot.

Photobucket

The herbs are getting ready to go to seed. Many have already sprouted flowers. I cut most of the chamomile back leaving just a few leaves and the cute white, daisy like flowers. Hopefully the plant will come back next year on its own. I’m drying it out along with peppermint leaves and pineapple sage. Once it’s dried I’m going to keep it in an air tight jar and make herbal tea with it using a tea ball.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment