Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Garden E092009

Photobucket

The Garden is doing well despite the recent set backs of fallen plants. The tomatoes are producing rapidly and I’ve been surviving on a steady diet of BLTs and caprici salads.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought it might be the end of the cucumbers but I picked one today for my pasta salad. There were quite a few small cucumbers and even more small flowers sprouting all over the plants.

Photobucket

I cut down all the celery last week and already new stalks are forming. Hopefully I’ll get another small crop before the first frost.

The gypsy peppers are doing great. All the ones I had to pull down from the fallen plants ripened indoors beautifully. I noticed today when I picked some peppers for my pasta salad that they began to rot a little if I let them get red on the vine. I’m going to have to pick them sooner and let them ripen indoors.

I got another crop of broccoli. I steamed it the other night with dinner and added a little butter, salt and pepper. I’m not normally a broccoli fan but the last two times I cooked my home grown batch it’s been fantastic.

Photobucket

I grow some tasty vegetables.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment